Xterra has just unveiled the Xterra Trail Marathon Series 2021. The new 10-race series bolsters the current Xterra calendar and offers runners a chance to explore and discover new long-distance trail running destinations.
Beginning with the Xterra Kenting Trail Run in Taiwan in March, the calendar will include five existing Xterra Trail Marathon races, and also offer five new destinations thanks to partnerships with popular established races across Europe, USA and Asia.
While the marathon will form the core distance of the series, the events will also offer something for everyone – from 5km to ultra-distance races, and “athletes can enjoy the famous Xterra atmosphere.”
“We are excited to be able to offer marathon-distance trail running events to our calendar,” said Konstantinos Koumargialis, Xterra Europe marketing director. “We feel there is a strong connection between our current off-road triathlon audience and the global trail running community and look forward to welcoming new and current Xterra fans to try out the series.”
XTERRA Trail Marathon Series for 2021:
- Mar 28, 2021 – XTERRA Kenting Trail Runs – Taiwan
- May 1, 2021 – XTERRA Gozo Trails – Malta
- May 9, 2021 – XTERRA Oak Mountain Trail Run – Alabama, USA
- May 16, 2021 – XTERRA Taihu Trail Run – Suzhou, China
- May 29, 2021 – XTERRA Tupuna MOOREA Trail – Tahiti
- Jul 10, 2021 – XTERRA Snowdonia Trail Marathon – Wales, UK
- Sep 11, 2021 – XTERRA Dolomiti di Brenta Trail – Italy
- Oct 10, 2021 – XTERRA Trail Vallée de Joux – Switzerland
- Oct 17, 2021 – XTERRA O-See Ultra Trail – Germany
- Oct 30, 2021 –: XTERRA Trail des Balcons d’Azur – France