Ten days, five race venues and six European titles at stake: from Sep. 17 to Sep. 24, 2022, Bilbao hosts the third edition of the European Multisport Championship. After a first successful edition in Ibiza 2018 and a second edition in Targu Mures 2019, the triathlon festivity now heads to Northern Spain.
Spread out over ten days, the region will host a Middle Distance triathlon, the European Championship Aquabike (AG only), the European Championship Aquathlon, the European Championship Duathlon standard (AG only), the European Championship Duathlon sprint, the European Championship Cross Triathlon and the European Championship Cross Duathlon. These races will take place in Balboa itself, in Enkarterri, Urdaibai and Getxo-Portugalete.
The races are expected to attract around 8000 visitors from 30 different nations. A local economic boost of up to ten million euros is expected. Check out the official race calendar below:
– European Duathlon Championship (Saturday Sep. 17 and Sunday Sep. 18, in Bilbao)
– Cross Duathlon European Championship (Tuesday Sep. 20, in Enkarterri)
– European Cross Triathlon Championship (Thursday Sep. 22, in Urdaibai)
– European Aquathlon Championship (Friday Sep. 23, in Getxo-Portugalete)
– European Championship of Medium Distance Triathlon and Aquabike (Saturday Sep. 24, in Bilbao)