Zwift just revealed which six athletes will be part of their Zwift Academy Tri Team 2022 during the Ironman World Championship on Kona. A total of 150,000 signed up for the Zwift Academy. Each athlete completed ten structured workouts and four ride or runs, which gave them a chance of earning a spot on the team.
“The final six members were selected based on their Zwift Academy performance, past race results and team fit”, Zwift stated. The athletes that will be part of the Zwift Academy Tri Team in 2022 are:
- Gro Henge Jermstad (NOR). “Gro’s first ever triathlon was Norseman in 2013, and she’s gone from strength to strength from there”, Zwift mentioned in their press release.
- Lars Wichert (GER). “Lars is a former Olympic rower and topped the podium on his first triathlon in Hamburg.”
- James Martin (AUS). “James works in the financial industry and is hoping to take the leap to the pro ranks.”
- Neil Eddy (GBR). “Neil is based in Cornwall where he works in getting kids involved in sport.”
- Emily Freeman (GBR). “Emily comes from a swimming background and currently works in the hospitality industry in Dorset.”
- Karrie Stewart (USA). “Karrie is a small business owner in Seattle, with her first triathlon race only in 2019.”
Members of the Zwift Academy Tri Team will receive support by many partner brands as they prepare for the Ironman World Championship on Hawaii. Additionally, in May, athletes will get to join a team training camp – taking place in America – in the build up towards Kona.