They were announced several weeks ago, but now they are actually here: eight brand new routes within Watopia, still the most popular map within Zwift. A total of nineteen kilometers of new routes have been added as well.
Those nineteen kilometers mainly lead around the the Epic Kom, one of the longest and steepest climbs within Zwift’s virtual worlds. In total, there are eight new routes added to Watopia. Below are the routes, including distance, altimeters and a short description.
- Accelerate to Elevate (41.3km, 1152m): point-to-point from Fuego Flats to the new coastal road, finishing up Alpe du Zwift!
- The Big Ring (48.9km, 268m): large loop covering the perimeter of Watopia, sans Alpe du Zwift.
- Canopies and Coastlines (27.5km, 246m): start in Titans Grove, end at the last sprint arch of the new coastal road.
- Coast Crusher (42.4km, 208m): out and back starting in the Jungle, turning around at the desert LAX roundabout, and ending at the last sprint on the coastal road.
- Going Coastal (16.5km, 63m): point-to-point from Fuego Flats to the new coastal road, ending at Sasquatch Sprint.
- Shorelines and Summits (50.1km, 793m): a large CCW loop beginning in the Jungle, hitting the new coastal road, then going up and over the Epic KOM (including radio tower).
- Sugar Cookie (39km, 258m): a large CCW loop beginning in the Jungle, hitting the new coastal road, then taking the Epic KOM bypass back toward the Jungle.
- Temple Trek (10.4km, 42m): a short one starting in the Jungle and riding down the coastal road to the Acropolis Sprint.