Organizers of the famed Otillo Swimrun World Championship in Sweden have confirmed the event will go ahead as planned on September 6, 2021. The race will be held for the 15th time after having to skip last year’s event because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“After a complicated year for outdoor sports organisers we are finally back where we belong, creating events in fantastic nature,” says Mats Skott co-founder of Otillo. “The 15th edition of the original swimrun race, Otillo … in the Stockholm Archipelago, will be a celebration of sport, team spirit, nature and the outdoors. And it will be a hell of a race for the swimrun movement.”
As with another world famous endurance multisport event, the original swimrun event began as a bet between friends and quickly became a popular event with endurance athletes from around the world. The race includes 75 km of trail running and open-water swimming over and between 24 islands in the Stockholm archipelago.
There will be seven qualifying races for the Otillo Swimrun World Championship in 2021, some which will serve as qualifiers for the 2022 event.
- Otillo Swimrun Utö, Sweden, 20 June 2021
- Otillo Swimrun Engadin, Switzerland, 11 July 2021
- Otillo Swimrun Gothenburg, Sweden, 7 August 2021 (new race)
- Otillo Swimrun 1000 Lakes, Germany, 26 Sept 2021 (qualifier to Otillo WC 2022)
- Otillo Swimrun Cannes, France, 17 October 2021 (qualifier to Otillo WC 2022)
- Otillo Swimrun Malta, 7 November 2021 (qualifier to Otillo WC 2022)
- Otillo Swimrun Catalina, 21 November 2021 (qualifier to Otillo WC 2022)