While the 2023 Boston Triathlon will take place on August 26-27, 2023 at Carson Beach – which means the 15th anniversary of the race – the organization is sharing some interesting numbers.
This year’s event will feature the Team Championship, a new competition open to all groups. The event includes both Olympic and Sprint distance races and is Boston’s only triathlon. The race consists of a swim at Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation’s (DCR) Carson Beach, a bike ride on DCR William Day Boulevard, and a beautiful run in South Boston. In addition to the main race on August 27, Kids Day will take place on Saturday, August 26, featuring a host of activities designed to inspire future generations of triathletes.
Boston Triathlon stats over the last 15 years:
• 20,000+ total racers
• residents from 300 Massachusetts towns
• entrees from 50 states
• participants from 36 different countries
• median age of racers is 34 years old
• 49 percent of participants are women
• ninth year for Kids Day at the Boston Triathlon
• eight years with Columbia Threadneedle Investments as the title partner